When it comes to providing the most comprehensive bed bug service in Ventura, Spearhead Pest Control offers unparalleled experience and results. Our bed bug exterminator ranks as an industry leader in killing bed bugs and recognizing the signs of a bed bug infestation.
The common bed bug (Cimex lectularius) causes a variety of problems that range from itchy bites that makes it difficult to sleep at night to just generally irritating their human hosts. If you’ve ever suffered from bed bug bites, you understand all too well why the U.S. Department of Agriculture and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention both consider these persistent pests a public health menace. Fortunately, bed bugs do not help to spread or transmit disease. But they can cause other serious public health issues, so controlling and preventing the spread of bed bugs is still important for the health of you and your community.
Because of their small nature and nesting habits, finding and identifying bed bugs can be difficult. Fortunately, the bed bug removal experts at Spearhead Pest Control are here to help.
How To Identify Bed Bugs
Being able to identify the signs of bed bugs is the first step towards controlling and preventing a bed beg infestation. To the untrained eye, many bugs can look similar to bed bugs. However, being able to correctly identify a bed bug can make a significant difference when it comes to receiving the most comprehensive bed bug service in Ventura.
In general, adult bed bugs:
· Appear about the same size as an apple seed – approximately 3/16 to ¼ inch in length.
· Have a long, brown, oval shaped body if not recently fed, and a more balloon-like, reddish-brown colored body after having recently fed.
· Feature “traditional” bug characteristics, such as a segmented beak, four-part antenna and wings that are not used for flying.
· Have a musty odor that’s produced through glands located underneath its body.
Younger bed bugs that have yet to fully develop:
· Appear whitish or yellow in color, and are smaller and more translucent.
· Can be nearly invisible to the eye when not recently fed due to their size and color.
In general, bed bug eggs are:
· Tiny, approximately pinhead in size.
· Pearl-white in color, and marked by eye spot if older than five days.
Our experienced bed bug exterminator at Spearhead Pest Control knows the signs of bed bugs like few other exterminators in Ventura. If you spot the early signs of bed bugs, don’t wait to schedule your FREE BED BUG INSPECTION.
Getting Rid Of Bed Bugs
When a bed bug infestation is discovered, Spearhead Pest Control offers the best available comprehensive bed bug service in Ventura and the surrounding communities. While killing bed bugs can take some time to full eradicate an infestation, Spearhead Pest Control offers a 100% guarantee when it comes to bed bug removal. If our initial integrated pest management solution to your bed bug problem doesn’t completely eradicate your infestation, we will continue to work at eliminating bed bugs from your home at NO ADDITIONAL CHARGE. That’s the Spearhead Pest Control promise!
Don’t live with bed bugs any longer. Call today to schedule your FREE BED BUG INSPECTION.